Tuesday, April 1, 2008

CRAZY THINGS HAPPEN AT WALLY WORLD

This morning I got up and had to run a few errands. We stopped at Home Depot, the Post Office, the Barber Shop, the bank and finally WalMart. I am going to take some wallpaper off my wall so I had to get some wallpaper stripper. As I am looking for the stuff this elderly lady is also looking in the same area. We made a made a few comments to each other as we were looking. She seemed a little more persistent than most so I talked a bit more as I am trying to corral and calm two wild boys down. As I am about to leave she says, "I didn't mean to bother you but you sort of favor my daughter." I thanked her for the compliment to which she replied, "I lost her almost a year ago." I told her I was sorry but by this time I was beginning to feel a little uneasy and told the boys we needed to go.

I went to the photo center and made a cd and as we were walking away wouldn't you know I ran into her again. Now normally I am super nice and would talk to folks all day long but I just had this feeling that wasn't right. Anyway, she called me over and said, "if you see me in here again, do you mind just saying, HEY MOM?" By this time I knew something was not right and I just turned and told the boys, "ok, we really need to be going." I don't mind be nice and helping folks but this was going a little too far. I still had a few more things to get and I was determined not to let this woman bother me or scare me off. I went clear on the other side of the store, got the items and headed to the front to check out. The boys were like, "who is that mom?" I said, "I don't know but let's go." Don't look around and don't stop.

The check out line is pretty crowded and I jump in a short one. There was one person finishing up, one with a few things and I was next. As I am putting me stuff up on the counter I hear, "hey, honey." Oh, my. It's the lady. I just looked down and acted like I didn't see her. So I check out with about $2o worth of items and my bill ends up being $50. I was like, $50? That must be mistake. The cashier said, well your mother said you would pay for her things. What? My heart started beating so fast. I told her I didn't even know that woman and why in the world didn't she say something to me and that no way was I going to pay for her things. OH MY WORD PEOPLE!!!!! I told the cashier to wait one minute. I ran outside and just so happened I saw that woman getting into a cab and I went running and yelling. She had a few bags in her hand and I managed to grab one of them. You won't believe what was in it................... a bunch of bologna, just like I have told you!!! :) APRIL FOOL'S EVERYONE!!!!! LOVE Y'ALL!! A friend got me with this years ago and she got me good. She had me going. I still have to remind myself it was a joke. :)

5 comments:

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

ROFL! YOU TURKEY!

Amberly said...

You are a spaz! You really had me going! I was picturing you running that woman down and grabbing that bag!! Good one!

hyperactivelu said...

oh wow! you had me going! i was getting mad!!!! ha!

Anonymous said...

TRICIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April said...

That was a good one! I really believed it b/c there really are such crazy people out there! But I did start wondering when you ran out of the store after her and would have left the boys alone...