Monday, May 5, 2008

FLEEING BLAH~

I have been feeling out of sorts for a few weeks now. Not real sure why. More than likely because I am leaving the school I have been working at for 16 years to work at a brand new school next year. I think deep down the closer it gets to the end of my journey here, the harder it is getting for me.

Then I think about my mom and I start to feel guilty for having any sort of "pity party" at all. My mother, who has been taking care of her own mother since Christmas- she lives with my folks now and goes everywhere my mom goes, except work, is an extraordinary lady. Just three weeks ago, my Papa's youngest brother, who has no children and is in bad health had to be moved to my town, 3 hours away from his home town of 30 years, to stay in a nursing home so my mom could take care of him, too. I don't know how she does it. I am worried about her at times. She assures me she is fine and I have to trust her.

While feeling down about my own self- my job, my health and other things, I came across this poem that I thought is perfect for me and my mother right now. I will be fine. I am young and in relatively good health, but if you would all please keep my mother in your prayers I would truly appreciate that. Please pray that she have the strength she needs to take care of her patients, and to care for my grandmother and her uncle. Also, pray that she take time for herself and also recognize when enough is enough and to ask for help!! Her is the poem....

To: All Who Believe in Me
From: God
Subject: Life's Problems
Good Morning. I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.
If the devil happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, DO NOT attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFJTD (something for Jesus to do) box. It will be addressed in MY time, not yours.
Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold on to it or attempt to remove it. Holding on or removal will delay the resolution of your problem.
If it is a situation that you think you are capable of handling, please consult me in prayer to be sure that it is the proper resolution.
Because I do not sleep nor do I slumber, there is no need for you to lose any sleep. Rest my child. If you need to contact me, I am only a prayer away.
I will be with you always.......

I am the world's worst about worrying about things. I try not to but it is hard for me. I get my mind fixed on something and can't seem to let it go. I am learning that some things you just can't do anything about. Some situations only God can handle because He only can see the big picture. I know there is power in prayer- if I would do that first, instead of worry, I would be much better off!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mama is really tough and strong. SHe is a hard worker. It must be hard to make that transition to the new school but I know you'll be happy too! S